SBCC COVID Testing Info
Last updated: December 14, 2022
We remain committed to supporting each other through health and safety measures to
mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Per the COVID-19 Mitigation Plan, one of the changes that we have implemented includes increased availability of rapid antigen testing kits for all students and employees. Students and employees are encouraged to proactively pick up a testing kit to have on hand in the event of exposure/symptoms.
Antigen tests and masks can be picked up in the following locations:
- Campus Store
- East Campus Cafeteria
- Basic Needs Center
- Administration Building, Information Booth
- Student Services Health Center
- Student Services Admissions and Records
- Wake Campus main office
- Schott Campus main office
Testing kits are limited to 1 kit per person per day. Each kit contains two tests.
Employees and students who test with Aptitude Clinical Diagnostics:
Your test results are automatically uploaded to Cleared4.
Do not upload the results.
Employees and students who test with another COVID testing lab:
You must upload your test results to Cleared4 if you test positive.
COVID-19 Testing by Aptitude Clinical Diagnostics
No Appointment Needed
Testing at Earl Warren Showgrounds
Monday - Friday
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday
9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Effective immediately, to take a PCR Covid test with Aptitude at the Showgrounds,
employees and currently enrolled students must:
- be registered in Cleared4
- have proof of insurance (if insured; insurance not required)
- present a SBCC ID OR present your K# number and photo ID.
If you have not received a Cleared4 invitation, please follow these steps:
- Search your email for 'firstname.lastname@example.org' or search for a text message from (833) 635-1086.
- Send an email to email@example.com. Please include name, K#, cell phone (if available), and employee or student status. Expect a same day response.
- If this is an emergency, please call the COVID Response Hotline at (805) 316-7927.
Covid testing is one of SBCC’s three pillars to support Vaqueros Stronger Together. Testing plays an important role in our efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19 by identifying infected individuals to help prevent further person-to-person transmission of COVID-19. To this end, we want to introduce our local lab partners, Aptitude Clinical Diagnostics; the company offers fast, safe, and efficient testing.
Aptitude Clinical Diagnostics will provide CDC-approved PCR saliva tests and will offer same day test results when testing occurs before 2 p.m. After 2 p.m., expect next day test results. The Showgrounds is located at 3400 Calle Real, Santa Barbara, CA 93105 (enter through Gate B and follow the Covid testing signs).
Testing requires individuals to deposit a small amount of saliva into a vial, which is very fast and non-invasive. Individuals should not eat, drink (including water), chew gum, smoke or use tobacco products for one hour before testing. Doing any of these things within 30 minutes of testing will likely produce an invalid/rejected test and require the individual to re-test.